Clumio gives you the ability to protect your Microsoft 365 data and recover it through a single UI with:
- connection and registration that does not require any stored user credentials.
- point-in-time recovery (PITR) for full mailboxes, SharePoint sites, OneDrive libraries, contacts, and calendars.
- seeded and incremental backups.
View a summary of your connected Microsoft accounts on the M365 protection dashboard.
- Compliance status: a summary of all the assets in your connected accounts covered by a protection policy or not, indicating their compliance status.
- Backups and restores: a summary of the backup and restore operations that have succeeded or failed in the last 24 hours, last 7 days, or the last 30 days. Select an option from the drop-down menu, the last 24 hours option is selected by default.
- Protected assets: a summary of the number of mailboxes, OneDrive libraries, and SharePoint sites that are protected.
The table provides a view of the accounts connected to Clumio, the protection policy if applied, the services in that account, the total assets in each account, and the compliance status for that account (which indicates the number of assets that have been successfully protected by the policy).
Your assigned role determines the actions you can take in the Clumio UI. For example, users assigned to the "Helpdesk Admin" role can perform on-demand backups, but not set up recurring backups. To learn more about roles, see Roles.
Updated 15 days ago