Ensure that you have the following before you start configuring Gluu
- Gluu account with admin privileges
- The Clumio Entity ID and Assertion Consumer Service URL refer to this knowledge base article for instructions on how to get that information from the Clumio Dashboard.
- After logging into Gluu dashboard, click on SAML > Add Trust Relationships:
- Under Trust Relationship Form, enter the following:
Description: Clumio Trust
Entity Type: Single SP
Metadata Location: File
SP Metadata File: Select the Clumio SP metadata XML file
- Enable the Configure Relying Party field and click Configure Relying Party as follows
- Under Relying Party Configuration, add a profile configuration of SAML2SSO and click the SAML 2 SSO Profile after adding it:
- Scroll down in the profile to NameID Formats and add SAML1.1:nameid-format:emailAddress field as shown below.
- Click Save.
- From the right section, select the following fields to add them in the Trust Relationship:
- Display Name
- First Name
- Last Name
- Click SAML > Trust Relationshipsand confirm the presence of Clumio configuration as shown below:
- Ensure that the Email attribute has a SAML2 URI configured. Go to Configuration > Attributes. Click Email and ensure that it's Active as shown below:
- If SAML2 URL is not configured, configure it with the following value:
http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/05/identity/claims/emailaddress. Scroll down and click Update after configuring SAML2 URI:
- Finally, visit SAML > Trust Relationships and confirm that the Clumio service Validation Status is Success and the Status_ is _Active as shown below:
Updated 3 months ago