Connecting your AWS account to Clumio involves deploying Clumio resources in your AWS account so that Clumio can connect to the selected AWS account and region, to perform SecureVault backup, and restore tasks.
Connect your AWS account using Clumio's CloudFormation or Terraform templates, or set up your AWS account integration manually.
Connecting to an AWS account is a one-time step. Clumio allows you to connect an account to multiple regions if required, using the Clumio CloudFormation or TerraForm templates. These templates are designed around the "least privileges" model following standard AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) security guidelines. For information about supported regions, see AWS Regions supported by Clumio. Use the Clumio CloudFormation template or the Terraform template to connect accounts to multiple regions.
The CloudFormation template is used to create a stack set which is then deployed to your AWS account. Connecting through Terraform installs the Clumio Terraform template in the AWS account, provisioning the set of AWS resources in the account used by Clumio to perform backups and restores.
The following high-level steps are needed to connect (onboard) an AWS account:
Clumio CloudFormation and Terraform templates are designed around the "least privileges" model following standard AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) security guidelines.
Before you connect your AWS environment, verify these permission requirements to ensure the connection process runs smoothly.
- Connect to an AWS account by specifying,
- the AWS account number and region or regions you want to connect
- the asset types to protect
- a region to deploy the stack set
- a stack set creation method and create the stack set.
- Deploy Clumio using one of the following methods:
- Create a stack automatically using CloudFormation with the Create Stack wizard. Clumio recommends this method.
- Connect to an AWS account using the Terraform template.
- Create a stack manually, Clumio provides the required template and tokens. This method is useful if you want to review the template or if you are not the owner for all accounts.
- Manually configure the all permissions required to on-board your AWS account with Clumio. This method is useful when you have security requirements that require you to review the permission required by Clumio to protect your AWS assets.
Updated 14 days ago