A M365 application acts as an agent for Clumio to perform backup and restore operations. Clumio deploys a total of two applications for two connection types when first onboarding a domain to Clumio. One application is deployed for Exchange related workloads and another one for OneDrive/Sharepoint workloads totaling two applications upon onboarding.
Adding additional applications provide the following performance benefits.
- Helps counter API throttling from Microsoft as your M365 backups/restores would be load balanced between the 3 applications.
- Reduces the time taken for seeding when the number of assets are high.
- Increases performance when there are large number of assets for incremental backups.
- Helps in the event asset tasks fail after RPO without getting a chance to initiate or complete.
Note: The limit of applications is set to 3 by default, and if more applications are needed please contact [email protected]
Refer to the following articles listing the required permissions to onboard additional Clumio M365 applications to your environment.
- Permissions required for M365 Exchange backup
- Permissions required for M365 OneDrive and SharePoint backup
- Navigate to the "Microsoft 365" section of the Clumio portal.
- Select the cloud icon in the same row of the domain you wish to target under the "Action column".
- A pop up displays showing you how many applications are currently deployed, select the option to add an application link.
- You are prompted to sign into your Microsoft account and verify the permissions being requested to deploy the application.
Contact [email protected] in case of any clarifications or questions.
Updated 26 days ago